Riverwide Confesses! Tour review!

Riverwide

Out of interest where were you in the Arena Riv cos I was next to the catwalk and had the Jump dancers swinging over my head Tarzan style. I was impressed!

How NOYCE for you.

Alas, that thrilling tale doesn't alter my opinion.

Guest maverick25

I competely agree regarding Jump. Its quite a dull performance from her. Yes the dancers are impressive but once you see one swing around a pole routine its repeated throughout the performance. I would of expected her to do something interesting but she leaves it up to the dancers expect for a pathetic few moves Rocco showed her in the playground towards the end. Its NO Nobody Knows me.

Its OK but certainly not thrilling!

In fact NKM as a single performance wipes the stage with most of the performances from the CT.

Johnnox i find it HILLARIOUS that you thought Lucky Star was a highlight. Its fucking awfull. Its basically an intro to Hung up. The cape, the CHEAP graphics on the screen and the fact HU starts to come in half way thru LS is painful. Such a mistake as HU should of been the grand finale and it wasent in my opinion.

An enjoyable show but littered with flaws and it will do attitude. Id rate it below DWT and RIT.

I accept your opinion Riv, I just disagree with it, like you have done with mine and almost every other poster on here countless times.

And Lucky Star/ Hung Up was genius. It wasn't THE highlight, but it was one of several.

It was great to hear an old song done in an inventive new way, rather than the dreadful Music sung over Disco Inferno.... and I thought you hated home made Madonna remixes....

And I don't need to see a show twice so I can have an opinion....

I know what Johnnox is like. He won't be happy 'til I'm wanking furiously over video clips of "Jump" and proclaiming it the finest performance of Madonna's career.

*shudders at that image*

I don;t expect you to change your opinion. You NEVER do that in case you lose face.

I accept your opinion Riv, I just disagree with it, like you have done with mine and almost every other poster on here countless times.

Then disagree with it in a more entertaining way please.

And Lucky Star/ Hung Up was genius. It wasn't THE highlight, but it was one of several.

It was great to hear an old song done in an inventive new way, rather than the dreadful Music sung over Disco Inferno.... and I thought you hated home made Madonna remixes....

I do. However, this isn't a home made mix. It was in fact made by Madonna and Stuart Price. Not exactly "home made" is it? And could you PLEASE explain how Lucky Star is "inventive"? Or were you having a laugh. You are, aren't you? Also, the fact that you didn't enjoy Music Inferno, which is probably the pinnacle of the show for most people, says it all really.

And I don't need to see a show twice so I can have an opinion....

Huh? I never said you did. :wacko:

*shudders at that image*

I don;t expect you to change your opinion. You NEVER do that in case you lose face.

*sigh* Are you reeling out this tired old falsehood yet again?

I've lost count of the number of times I've changed my mind about stuff and said so, including in this forum. Ask anyone in here! :rolleyes:

Hearing Lucky Star again, after all this time was fabulous. I loved it. I loved the graphics and the 'girlie' Madonna dancing to it - it's a cute, fun and coy song. I thought the pinks and purples graphics accompanying it were great - fitted perfectly with it's cutesy sound. Merging it into Hung Up was inspired as far as I'm concerned. The dub/breakdown bit of HU replaced the LS bridge ("shine your heavenly body tonight...") perfectly. I liked Future Lovers more, but LS/HU was the other highlight for me - brilliant.

Guest hyperballad_brad
Hearing Lucky Star again, after all this time was fabulous. I loved it. I loved the graphics and the 'girlie' Madonna dancing to it - it's a cute, fun and coy song. I thought the pinks and purples graphics accompanying it were great - fitted perfectly with it's cutesy sound. Merging it into Hung Up was inspired as far as I'm concerned. The dub/breakdown bit of HU replaced the LS bridge ("shine your heavenly body tonight...") perfectly. I liked Future Lovers more, but LS/HU was the other highlight for me - brilliant.

Inspired?? To me it just sounded lazy... almost as if she didnt want to fit in another WHOLE song but felt obliged to fit in another classic.

It was totally overtaken by Hung Up in my book and it's such a shame!!! :(

GASP!

Fortunately for everyone, I'VE now seen the show and I'M now entitled to an opinion.

I'll start by saying that "Lucky Star" was absolutely one of the highlights of the show.

GASP!

Fortunately for everyone, I'VE now seen the show and I'M now entitled to an opinion.

I'll start by saying that "Lucky Star" was absolutely one of the highlights of the show.

Pah!

As a matter of interest, why do you consider it a highlight? What was it about the performance that made you love it so?

In my opinion, she threw on a naff cape and walked from one side of the stage to the other, while the graphics from The Chart Show played on the screens behind her. And that was pretty much it. :confused:

Tsk.

I actually thought the cape/graphics effect worked really well, in a retro superhero sort of way. And I loved the arrangement - it's never been my favoruite track but it really got the crowd dancing in my section.

I'm not really sure why the graphics for this song should be singled out - quite a lot of them were a bit Windows Media Player-esque.

I'm not really sure why the graphics for this song should be singled out - quite a lot of them were a bit Windows Media Player-esque.

Agreed! It's a mixed bag regarding the screens. Some of the stuff was gorgeous. The rest looked decidedly naff. Like some cheap old stock footage they figured would "do the job". By far the worst graphics were the ones used during "La Isla Bonita". I half expected to see Paul Dannan pop up at some point. Ultra-naff(although it's probably intended to be in fairness).

Agreed! It's a mixed bag regarding the screens. Some of the stuff was gorgeous. The rest looked decidedly naff. Like some cheap old stock footage they figured would "do the job".

Aye, I agree with that totally. A few had me thinking "Wow" (the intro, for instance) but a lot of them looked cheap and nasty. (I can't remember which song it was, but the one that had little insects running across the screen was truly awful.) Certainly, the screens for "ReInvention" were better.

• 2 weeks later...