UK Charts Midweeks

There has been talk that iTunes info hasn't been included, but this hasn't been confirmed.

1 - Rihanna

2 - Lee Mead

3 - Enrique

Climbers + New entries :

4 - Editors

5 - Muse

12 - Chemical Brothers

17 - Take That

20 - Air Traffic

21 - Gareth Gates

22 - Avril Lavigne (When you're gone)

24 - Hoosiers

28 - Ash

30 - Paramore

32 - Justin Timberlake (Lovestoned)

35 - Melanie C

42 - Fergie (Big Girls Don't Cry)

45 - Paul McCartney (Dance Tonight)

57 - Enter Shikari

59 - Pull Tiger Tail

68 - Luciano Pavarotti !

70 - Damien Rice (9 Crimes)

79 - Scouting for Girls

81 - Simon Webbe

82 - Siobhan Donaghy

105 - Andrea Corr

So is this the first Take That single to miss the top 10? The song is really rather crap.

The first one in a while, certainly. Previously, "Do What You Like", "Promises", "Once You've Tasted Love" and "I Found Heaven" all missed out.

I'm surprised Menly C is doing so well.

Given that there's been a bit of fuss about the Spice Girls this past week, I thought she might do a bit better.

Is it downloads only? Still, doesn't detract from the fact that it's crap.

I don't think it's downloads only. It was out for downloads on the 11th and the physical single was to be in stores on the 18th. I haven't seen it ANYWHERE though.

And yeah, it's fairly shit alright.

Is it downloads only? Still, doesn't detract from the fact that it's crap.

Nope. It's also a physical release. Same with Simon Webb.

I could have SWORN that was a top 10. :shock:

Rather mortifyingly, I don't even have to check this ...

"I Found Heaven" was their last single to miss the top 10, at 15. After that came "A Million Love Songs" and then it was top 10s all the way. (Actually, following that came "Could it Be Magic" and then it was top 3s all the way!)

By the way, has anyone actaully seen the Andrea Corr single in shops? It's not even in stores over here and it's her feckin' home country!

No, but I have just heard it for the first time. It's lousy. Her voice just doesn't suit that sort of electro-lite production. And don't get me fucking started on it being all "political".

I can't believe Nellee Hooper produced that bilge.

No, but I have just heard it for the first time. It's lousy. Her voice just doesn't suit that sort of electro-lite production. And don't get me fucking started on it being all "political".

I can't believe Nellee Hooper produced that bilge.

I know. Apparently Bono called and asked him to do the album with her. It sounds like he put little or no effort into it though.

Downloads are really making a big impact on the charts. Apparently Lee Mead is number 1 on physical sales, Take That number 5 and Menly C number 11. That's not to say if downloads didn't exist, people wouldn't be buying the tracks in physical format.

Has Hey You charted yet?

In Europe the single is "Reach Out", i wonder why they choose in UK that song as third single, although i like. Maybe they want the album to last until Christmas to make a re-edition or something and they are saving "Reach Out" or "Beautiful World" as the next single in UK

Andrea Corr is a big surprise! The song is meh, but not to enter below 100. Even Eddi Reader was number 95 last january!

In Europe the single is "Reach Out", i wonder why they choose in UK that song as third single, although i like. Maybe they want the album to last until Christmas to make a re-edition or something and they are saving "Reach Out" or "Beautiful World" as the next single in UK

I like "Reach Out", actually, and I thought either it or "Beautiful World" would be the third single. There are dance mixes of "Beautiful World" kicking about. Sadly, the handbag beats can't quite bury Howard's lispy vocals.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

When the PSBs "Numb" charted last year, it was #7 in physical sales, but ended up in the 20s on the main chart. It's really all about downloads these days!

Downloads now account for around 78% of total single sales in the UK.

When the PSBs "Numb" charted last year, it was #7 in physical sales, but ended up in the 20s on the main chart. It's really all about downloads these days!

Yes, and it broke their top 20 run at 21, which started with Can You Forgive Her and ended with Minimal! :americanlife: Anyway, why they chose to release Numb is beyond me... :confused:

Yes, and it broke their top 20 run at 21, which started with Can You Forgive Her and ended with Minimal! :americanlife: Anyway, why they chose to release Numb is beyond me... :confused:

because it´s a beautiful ballad: inmtegral would have been a better choice, but numb it´s great too

Latest airplay chart:

1(1): Rihanna/Jay-Z - Umbrella

2(2): Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder

3(3): Mutya Buena - Real Girl

4(4): Gym Class Heroes/Patrick Stump - Cupid's Chokehold

5(19): Enrique Iglesias - Do You Know? (The Ping Pong Song)

6(21): Cherry Ghost - People Help The People

7(12): Robin Thicke - Lost Without U

8(23): Natasha Bedingfield - Soulmate

9(9): The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)

10(5): Nelly Furtado - Say It Right

11(38): Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone

12(14): Take That - Shine

13(13): Calvin Harris - The Girls

14(11): Gwen Stefani/Akon - The Sweet Escape

15(6): The Twang - Either Way

16(8): Reverend & The Makers - Heavyweight Champion Of The World

17(10): Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby

18(26): The Enemy - Had Enough

19(25): Paul McCartney - Dance Tonight

20(7): Beverley Knight - After You

21(33): Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned

22(NE): Travis - Selfish Jean :clap:

23(37): Gwen Stefani - 4 In The Morning

24(32): Booty Luv - Shine

25(41): Mika - Love Today

26(15): Armand van Helden - NYC Beat

27(24): Simon Webbe - Grace

28(30): Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent

29(28): Andrea Corr - Shame On You

30(35): Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors

31(17): The Holloways - Generator

32(31): Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet

33(18): The Fratellis - Ole Black 'N' Blue Eyes

34(20): Beyoncé/Shakira - Beautiful Liar

35(16): Pink - Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

36(45): Crowded House - Don't Stop Now

37(34): Take That - I'd Wait For Life

38(NE): Groove Armada/Mutya Buena - Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control) :clap:

39(36): Mika - Grace Kelly

40(46): The Hoosiers - Worried About Ray

41(RE): The White Stripes - Icky Thump

42(39): Kaiser Chiefs - Everything Is Average Nowadays

43(NE): Kelly Rowland/Eve - Like This

44(RE): Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin' :clap:

45(48): The Fray - How To Save A Life

46(NE): Amy MacDonald - Mr Rock & Roll

47(44): Hellogoodbye - Here (In Your Arms)

48(RE): Amy Winehouse - Rehab :clap:

49(42): Scissor Sisters - She's My Man

50(NE): The Killers - For Reasons Unknown

so take that have entered at no17 with physical sales and very minimal airplay? shine is still just outside the top 10 airplay but their new songs slips from 34 to 37. how come the scissor sisters she's my man s in the top 50 - their latest song got a few spins but bombed at 43 on the ssales chart i think.

and how come Rhianna is no1 for 6 weeks? wats the appeal of this song that has fought off very strong contenders. radio 1's white stripes day did nt help them to beat Rihanna. radio 1 ddi a similar day for the artic monkeys ansd their song failed to beat beyonce.

the uk charts seems to have been dominated by amerians this year - ir beyonce & shakira, rhianna - top 10's the same.

that rihanna songs is ok if you take out the precitable rap bit at the beginning. which one is it again? the one with the big teeth who goes out with beyonce?

i hear jason donovan's new song didn't enter the top 75.

that rihanna songs is ok if you take out the precitable rap bit at the beginning. which one is it again? the one with the big teeth who goes out with beyonce?

i hear jason donovan's new song didn't enter the top 75.

:manson:

Only an idiot like you wouldn't know Jay-Z.

that's the one, thanks. they are all the same to me, i have no interest is hearing their durge. i guess it's cool in america to have a rapper on every song.

It's not about 'liking' him or his music. If you have any claim to having an ounce of knowledge about pop culture and music in the past 10 years or so (which most people do if they frequent music forums) then you must have an idea who Jay-Z is. You're just a little dim, 'tis all.

thanks for your polite and, i must say, predictably 'cutting' response.

FYI i've heard the song twice, and never seen the video, so i actually think i did quite well to recognise him as the rapper. praise be to me.

44(RE): Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin' :clap:

WHAT? You're pleased that this is making a radio comeback?

I am sooooo fucking sick of the damn thing, and of them generally.