Rome In Frenzy Over Madonna

Camacho

Drownedmadonna

VIPs attending the show in Rome.

There were several vips attending last night's show in Rome, enjoying Madonna in her greatest shape. Not only Italian stars (Claudio Baglioni, Elisa, Lorella Cuccarini, Francesco Totti, Alessandro Del Piero, among others), but also internalional stars, among them Lenny Kravitz, P. Diddy, Pedro Almodovar, Penelope Cruz and Lionel Richie. Guy Ritchie was attending the show.

Below we shows you Lenny Kravitz and P. Diddy, outside Le Grand Hotel, the hotel where Madonna and her crew stayed.

02_small.jpg

01_small.jpg

03_small.jpg

04_small.jpg

05_small.jpg

06_small.jpg

Guest boytoyville

It seems like we have recieved the least amount of info about the Rome show. I am dying to hear all about it! It sounded like it was incredible from the little bits and pieces I have heard.

It seems like we have recieved the least amount of info about the Rome show. I am dying to hear all about it! It sounded like it was incredible from the little bits and pieces I have heard.

There are TONS of news articles/reviews and info @ other fansites/forums now, but most of it is written in Italian.

It's true, I love New York, but I also love Rome!

Posted: 07 August 2006

Madonna played her one and only show in Italy last night at the Olympic Stadium in Rome - here are some fan reports from the show:

From Adam:

I went to see Madonna in Rome last night and I must say she was great. I've seen all her concerts and I must say that although the Blond Ambition remains my favourite, it's getting harder and harder to make a list.

Even in Rome, as in Cardiff there was the Golden Circle but unfortunately I wasn't a part of it as people had been sleeping by the stadium since Friday night. However she does a lot of walking up and down the catwalk, so if you manage place yourself by it and you'll have a great show. For sure!

From endriu76:

In Like A Virgin she sad 'Ciao Roma!' and later in the show she said there was two miracles in Rome: First Italy won the world football cup and second the rain stopped to fall just before her show!

In Ray Of Light she had some problems with her guitar, which didn't work from last quarter of the song, and in the maxi screen for a few seconds we saw Stuart Price trying to adjust the guitar sound on a panel.

She was not worried and finished the song giving some joking punches at her guitar!

From Francesca:

When she got out of the disco ball for the opening song the entire stadium went crazy. She kept asking people to dance 'cause everybody seemed like hypnotized looking at her, just adoring her and taking pictures instead of dancing. She said 'It's true, I love New York, but I also love Rome! I've been waiting to play in a stadium in Rome for my entire career, ok, so....'

From Taylor:

I just got back from the August 6th show in Rome, which was incredible.

But throughout the show I got the feeling that the controversy surrounding this particular performance got to the show.

I met Lenny Kravitz at the show and he was super nice.

'Sorry' is as always one of the highlights, it was practically a sing along where I was sitting.

From Trevor:

The show was excellent, she was on top form, and very professional. She mentioned the 'two miracles', Italy winning the World Cup and rain disappearing as soon as she got on stage.

Sadly, the crowd was disappointing: people were staring at her, rather than singing, dancing and having fun, expecially during the LIVE TO TELL thing: no one in my row was singing except a few, and you could hear a coin drop, because they were all busy taking pictures on their mobiles - the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed.

Pepi_Mcdoodle: ~~~~BACK FROM ******ROME******, CRAZY MAN! CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Had the best time EVER...

Hoped everyone who went had a brilliant time too - Shopgal, MotherSuperior, Tintle_Tantle, Mad_Man et al. Were you near the front? Did you make the golden circle?

And I swear Rome has serious issues- are there like 50 taxis in the whole fucking city? We had to wait FOUR HOURS for one after the show finished! :lol: And why is there rubbish everywhere? And graffiti on all the monuments?

ANYWAY... show was fucking wicked. We got there at about 11, and it was HOT. We had to wait behind a metal barrier but there were people further ahead, who presumably slept the night (was that anyone here?). At about 3, somebody fainted a few metres behind me in the queue. When the security opened the barrier to see what had happened, people went wild and ran through, jumping over the body and ramming people in to the gates!! CRAZY!

I was talking to some Italian who could speak English. I asked why Italians loved Madonna's music if they couldn't understand the words! I'd find it really strange going to a concert and not knowing what everything meant. I suppose they just enjoy the melodies!

Then the rain started (why does Italian rain hurt? lol) but everyone got in okay... I didn't make it to the golden circle but was in the front row after that (if that makes sense!.

STADIUM IS FUCKING MASSIVE!

Paul Oakenfold was really good actually and really got the crowd pumping. Loved how he played that Sweet Dreams remix, Satisfaction and Maneater!

There seemed to be some commotion when a celebrity sat down with people taking photos. Somebody said it was some Italian director or something but people were taking photos like it was fucking Madonna.

People literally died when Madonna appeared from the disco ball. Loudest noise I have EVER heard! Her accent when she first spoke before Jump was the most English I have EVER heard... I thought she was putting it on as a joke. I'm sure other's noticed this... she seemed to drop it when she spoke to the crowd again!

Then... the CRUCIFIX scene! People cheered extra loudly for that! And Sorry was like a mosh pit from where I was standing! People jumping up and down and knocking people out of the way! Same with ROL!

The lighters filled the stadium for DW (did that happen in the arenas)... that was nice! And then Music- people went crazy for that! HU too!

What happened to the CRAZY FOR YOU sing-a-long? Went a bit wrong! Nobody did it! OUCH!

AND DID MADONNA SAY SHE'S GLAD TO SEE ITALIAN FAGS AND FAGS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD? OR WAS IT FLAGS?

When you come out, it's like you're high on Madonna- it makes you want to better yourself!

FUCKING BRILLIANT!

"...I was talking to some Italian who could speak English. I asked why Italians loved Madonna's music if they couldn't understand the words..."

Er ... :manson:

Guest boytoyville
"...I was talking to some Italian who could speak English. I asked why Italians loved Madonna's music if they couldn't understand the words..."

Er ... :manson:

I love it! It's so cute! :)

tmz.com

Despite facing the wrath of the Vatican for mock-crucifying herself on stage, Madonna was a gigantic hit last night with Roman audiences during the latest stop on her "Confessions" tour.

And while she was at it, Her Madgesty couldn't resist making a political statement about the war raging in the Middle East.

La ragazza materiale was hounded by fans outside her hotel and on the Via Condotti, according to the Italian dailies, and the fervor didn't stop there – many of the 70,000 fans of the pop queen camped out for hours outside the Olympic Stadium to get their spot near the stage. Lenny Kravitz, film director Pedro Almodovar, and Italian soccer star Francesco Totti were just a few of the celebrities who came out to see the show.

Meanwhile, during the concert, the always-provocative singer painted a large Star of David and the Muslim star and crescent onto the torsos of her dancers, uniting them in an armlock to make her own comment about the current Israeli-Hezbollah conflict.

ansa.it

Madonna revered and reviled in Rome

Star puts pope and Berlusconi on video of world's 'baddies'

(ANSA) - Rome, August 7 - Madonna's concert in Rome on Sunday sparked conflicting reactions here, with fans revering the star and the Church blasting her "blasphemous" performance .

Some 70,000 people crowded into the capital's Olympic Stadium for the sell-out gig, in which the singer 'crucified' herself on a huge cross, while singing Live To Tell .

The stunt, a controversial part of her Confessions Tour set, attracted the wrath of many religious groups, including Rome's Muslims, before and after the concert .

Another controversial part of the show was a video clip in which Pope Benedict XVI and former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi were shown alongside people like Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein .

"An Artfully-Created Scandal" read a headline in Avvenire, the Italian bishops' daily, on Monday. Avvenire also published an opinion piece which argued that, while Madonna aimed to amaze her public, all she really served up was "kitschness that tastes of middle-aged trickery" .

Madonna fans, on the other hand, thoroughly enjoyed the concert, despite the provocation and dubious taste .

One fan's banner called for Madonna to be made a "Saint Immediately", while another chided the Church by declaring "I missed mass to come to see you" .

"Crowds and Applause, Madonna enchants the Olympic Stadium," read a headline on the front-page of Rome daily Il Messaggero .

While admitting the singer made extensive use of gimmicks, another Rome newspaper, La Repubblica, gave her a warm review .

"If you manage to avoid being offended, there is fun to be had," wrote La Repubblica's top music critic, Gino Castaldo, who praised the 47-year-old's stamina .

The crowd was dotted with VIPs, including Spanish director Pedro Almodovar and actress Penelope Cruz, American rock star Lenny Kravitz and heroes of Italy's World Cup-winning soccer team, Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero .

Deputy Premier and Culture Minister Francesco Rutelli was there too .

Rutelli defended Madonna's act, even though the Daisy party he leads has Catholic roots .

"Freedom in the world of show-business should not be touched," he said .

"But the public's freedom to criticise is just as important. Everyone is free to judge shows and singers" .

okay I'm still very tired after the hectic week I had

& I don't really have anything coherent 2 say but...

I *heart* Italy

- And I bet M does 2 ‘cuz the little women bring suitcases 2 use as a platforms

during stadium gigs :D

-Golddiggers at the the venue try 2 steal 10 euros from u, posing as parking attendants in public spaces .My friend & I cornered her, took her picture, & threatened 2 kill her if anything happened 2 the little fiat we drove there..seriously it felt like home..

-We got there around 17.00h, we just had 2 queue leading up2 the entrance & managed 2 get just outside the golden circle, on the left-hand side (facing stage) the stage..without pushing, shoving etc...

-Even though the crowd wasn’t as loud as u’d expect..

the atmosphere was brilliant, people were quit humourous throughout..taking the piss out of Madonna quoting her shitty Italian lines from the WTG tour..held up banners in response 2 the pseudo crucifixion controversy reading ‘SANTA SUBITO’, which got a massive applause

from the fans…I never felt such electricity.. and it translated to the stage..Cuz the bitch went full-out..

Wembley felt like a run through show in comparison...

-So Madonna seemed 2 consider this a special night..she was very happy, trying her best not

2 smile too much during 'Future Lovers'…She introduced 'Sorry' saying she had Italian blood,

And 'Italians don’t negotiate'..the biggest sing-a-long of the night..

She went nuts during the ILNY outro, banging her Guitar with Stuart Price & Donna laughing their heads off, cheering her on..ROL, the place went nuts..Even Isaac did a great job, he got

Applause during Paradise..people tried 2 sing Crazy For U..but, Madonna started talking b4

It got a change 2 catch on…instead, there were the ‘7 nation army’ chants ‘ooh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh..'

-La Isla Bonita = :flop: …Madonna’s Come On Italy! didn’t help..

as the song got a rather weak response..what else..She added

That's the way aha-aha I like it during 'Hung Up'..

Okay I dunno what 2 say..had an amazing time..

There's really no other place (okay, maybe Paris & Spain) 2 c M than in Italy..

Btw, Oakenfold is P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C…seriously I have no respect 4 DJ’s.

Cool shit, sounds like you had a great time..

.. by the way, she did "That's the way, a-ha-a-ha I like it.." in the 1st Wembley show too.. don't know if that was the first time..

Guest boytoyville
Associated Press video newsreport (plays after the ad): -link-

They seem to always interview the disgruntled ones :bad:

I hate it when they seek out people that were dissapointed in the show! Sometimes I don't know what people are expecting. It's like they go to the show and expect her to get on a broomstick and fly all around the stadnium/arena personally introducing herself to everyone. I HATE these people!

I hate it when they seek out people that were dissapointed in the show! Sometimes I don't know what people are expecting. It's like they go to the show and expect her to get on a broomstick and fly all around the stadnium/arena personally introducing herself to everyone. I HATE these people!

Don't worry about it usually the ones complaining r the ones that can't see anything and r in the cheap seats. :nosey:;)